Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Election of 2008

Well, I wasn't surprised with the news that Barack Obama will become the next president of the United States. I had a feeling he would win... However, I was a bit shocked when I heard that the Democrats secured the majority of both the House and Senate.

But here is some good news... Ron Paul is still in office. He will be alone, but he will be standing up among all the House and taking his stand for liberty. Actually he will not be completely alone... there are 9 other Representatives which Ron Paul endorsed that won this election also. Tom McClintock is still waiting for the results....in which if he wins, Ron Paul will have another that will stand with him. But Tom's race is a close one....a 50/50 right now against Charlie Brown.

Even though its seems as if we've been defeated, I am not at all discouraged. I will still be spreading the message of freedom. We have four years till the next election and I intend to get this message of freedom out by then.

I was greatly surprised that even though Chuck Baldwin got less than 1% of the vote, over 167,317 citizens voted for him! That means 167,317 people were also trying to spread the message of liberty. On top of that, Libertarian Candidate, Bob Barr, got 459,687 votes! There are people out there that are fighting big government.

I encourage my readers to join the Campaign for Liberty. Let us fight big government today! We are not defeated! Here is the link to the campaign for liberty it is free to join: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

No comments:

Blog Archive