During these past few months, Congress has been debating the issue of the so called “free” government healthcare.
The fact is, is that there isn’t such a thing as “free” or “lower cost” healthcare. Everything comes with a price. Nothing is free.
The government tries to make you think that you will get something for nothing. In reality, this is just a fallacy. In one way or another, taxpayers will pay for government-run healthcare.
There are a few options the government has to pay for “free” healthcare:
1. they can raise taxes
2. they can print more money (which is reality is a tax. Inflation = tax)
3. or they can increase the debt (which is reality is a future tax also)
As you can see, there is no such thing as “free” healthcare. It comes with a price.
The government has recently unfolded a new plan to takeover healthcare. The plan is over 1,000 pages long and will accomplish these things:
1. Healthcare will be provided to all non-US citizens. You will pay for someone else’s healthcare on top of your own!
2. A government committee will determine what benefits and treatments you get.
3. Anyone who does not have government approved healthcare will be taxed 2.5% of his income.
4. Any non-resident alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay for their healthcare)
5. “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as a tax.”
6. Cancer patients and their treatment will be rationed!
7. The government will regulate purchase and rental of power driven wheelchairs.
8. The government will tell doctors how much they get paid.
You can read more about the government takeover here: http://www.liberty.edu/media/9980/attachments/healthcare_overview_obama_072909.pdf
As you can see, government takeover of healthcare will result in the loss of quality and the increase of costs. This can only hurt the economy.
In his weekly internet address Obama stated: “We must lay a new foundation for future growth and prosperity, and a key pillar of a new foundation is health insurance reform.” He also stated (speaking of rising unemployment): “We must rescue our economy from this immediate crises. We must rebuild it stronger than before”.
What Obama does not know is that the government can do nothing to rescue the economy. In fact, all they have been doing is contributing to the economic downturn. He does not know that healthcare reform will only worsen the economy by intruding into the free market.
We cannot let this happen. We must fight back against healthcare reform. If we need anything, we need free healthcare. Not “free” in the sense that it doesn’t cost money, but free from government regulations. If there is anything government can do better it would be to be less intrusive.
In 1824 Thomas Jefferson said, “I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industries.”
When Jefferson wrote these words, the federal government has only about 8,500 employees; today it has well over 3 million. I wonder what he would think about us today. I wonder what he would think about Obama’s so called “free” healthcare.
I wonder what Thomas Jefferson would think about our wandering from the Constitution. We have ignored his words when he said, “Only lay down true principles, and adhere to them INFLEXIBLY.” (1816) The true principles of the U.S. Constitution have not been followed inflexibly.
Will we take a stand for freedom? Sign the petition to fight healthcare reform: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/campaigns/obama-healthcare.php?projid=66